Monday, August 23, 2010

Tricksy Husbandses...

     Most people, as they grow older, find their birthdays to be just another depressing marking of time.  Not me. I've turned the observation of my birthday into an art, carefully and craftily squeezing out celebratory fun from every possible day during the month of September. So of course, any mention of cake, special dinner, or presents will grab my attention.

      Jeremy said to me, "I know what you're getting for your birthday."
     "My birthday!?" I perked up at the thought.
     "Yeeeuupp." He said, looking rather pleased with himself.  In fact, he looked so smug, I became suspicious.
     "Hey, wait!" I exclaimed. After fifteen years of marriage, I can almost read his mind sometimes.   "You're thinking about the free version of LOTRO, aren't you!" I said accusingly.
     Jeremy started laughing. "It comes out exactly on your birthday. I know you're just so thrilled. Happy Birthday, Love."
     "Only if you have a death wish," I said.

2 comments:

  1. Hee-hee! Love the new header ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow...I missed the header. I knew something looked different.

    ReplyDelete