Thursday, June 10, 2010

Be Careful what you search for... (or it never pays to cheat)

     The other day, Jeremy emailed me with this attachment. He said, "in trying to search for crochet tutorial, I inadvertently skip the "t"...

     Maybe I'm slow, but I was trying to figure out what had happened. OHHH, the "T" in tutorial. And good ol' Google starts putting suggestions in it's drop down box the minute you start typing. Too funny.


     I'm not too sure about crochet underwear. And why would someone want a pair so badly they'd be Googling for a pattern? Come to think of it...who decided to come up with the pattern in the first place? I do suppose that it's a good idea to put a pattern up on the internet for anyone else with a hankering for some hand-made crochet underwear.

     As I was musing over how uncomfortable crochet underwear might feel, especially in scratchy wool, I had a sudden flare up of indignation. HEY! How dare he try and cheat! Looking up tutorials before the challenge truly began!  So I emailed him back:

               "BTW, u r not allowed to cheat and look for tutorials. Are we yarn shopping 2nite?"

    To which he replied:

            "yes, we're yarn shopping tonight.

            OK...no cheating however i did watch one video on chaining and now im scared."


     I laughed, evilly, if I must confess, to myself. Making a crochet chain is the first step to a project, and even our girls, ages 8 and 11, know how. In fact, they make long crochet chains all the time to use as leashes and collars for their stuffed animals.

     Good. I've got him nervous now. This is all working out better than I had hoped. This is most excellent. Most excellent indeed. 

    Of course, I still have to make a character and play this game. I have a bad feeling I'm going to lose this challenge.


2 comments:

  1. Lol Mel you are a great story teller, it seems like I'm just sitting there watching all of this going on !

    ReplyDelete